Friday, October 21, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas Lunch

I had some people over to my hall over after meeting for lunch.  I had planned to have 11 people over but 16 people ended up coming.  I was nervous to have all of these people over but it went great.  I made chicken enchiladas and everyone liked them, lots of Panamanians seem to like Mexican foods.
This is Jockey our security guard.  Only those with a invite could come, serious business.

The Food, Chicken Enchiladas, Black Bean, Onion Rice, and Salad.  I had to rearrange the furniture in my house since there so many people so we put the table in the middle of the living room.

Kris, Kelly and Yaris.  Kelly and Yaris on the right came with me right after meeting to help getting everything ready, I was very thankful for there help.

Me, Luz, Kelly, Kris, Yaris.
Armando and Gilberto

Me giving out food and making sure everyone had drinks.

Elvis, Kris, Anne

Elvis and Benigno, the food critics.  They are both very good cooks so I was happy when they told me that they liked the enchiladas.

Marty came after we ate to see if anything good fell on the floor but he couldn't find anything so he took a nap until Elvis saw him and made him leave.

Xenia and Luz, content to have food.

Some added guess.  I forgot there names they were visiting Kris and Elvis and since I had enough food I told them they could come over to.  They have on other son but he wasn't feeling good so he was on the couch, they were very nice and add alot to a great spiritual conversation before we ate.
It was a lot of work to make the enchiladas but I was happy to do and show my appreciation to our elders, all 3 were there, and to just enjoy a good time together.  I made to much food so for the next week me and my neighbors Kris and Elvis countinued to eat chicken enchiladas which was fine by Elvis because he really liked them.  From what I have observed many people here have ovens but they only really use the stove top to cook so they don't really eat cassoroles or things like that so enchiladas was something different for them.  My goal is to try to have everyone from the hall over little by little so hopefully this will be the first of many more meals in my house.

1 comment: